Good morning, my friends:
We have a new ALERT for you (this has also been posted at the Writer Beware website). Please feel free to copy and paste the alert on writing message boards. It’s important to get the word out.
-Ann C. Crispin
Chair, Writer Beware
NEW ALERT FROM WRITER BEWARE: Writers’ Literary Agency & Marketing Company (formerly The Literary Agency Group)
The Literary Agency Group, a business owned or controlled by Robert M. Fletcher of Boca Raton, Florida, changed its name in February 2007 to Writers’ Literary Agency & Marketing Company (a.k.a. WL Writers’ Literary Agency).
This umbrella group includes or has included the following agencies:
- Christian Literary Agency
- New York Literary Agency
- Stylus Literary Agency (formerly ST Literary Agency, formerly Sydra-Techniques)
- WL Children’s Agency (a.k.a. Children’s Literary Agency)
- WL Poet’s Agency (a.k.a. Poet’s Literary Agency)
- WL Screenplay Agency (a.k.a. The Screenplay Agency)
- Writers’ Literary & Publishing Services Company (the editing arm of the above-mentioned agencies)
Since this company began operating in 2001 under the name Sydra-Techniques, Writer Beware has received hundreds of complaints and advisories of fee-charging, editing referrals, and other questionable practices. We’re not aware that the company has a significant track record of commercial book sales under any of its names, despite its claims to the contrary.
Writers who have had trouble with Robert M. Fletcher or any of the above-named companies, and who are or were residents of the state of Florida, please get in touch with Ann Crispin at firstname.lastname@example.org (or email@example.com, if the AOL address bounces), even if you have previously contacted her. Please provide complete contact information.
Thanks for your cooperation!